Located at 726 University Place on Northwestern University’s main campus, this 3-story Colonial Revival-style co-ed dormitory is Northwestern’s oldest dormitory, originally built in 1901.
An ADA ramp was added to the building’s main entry in the spirit of the building’s style. All exterior work meets historical preservation standards. All mechanical, electrical, and plumbing was replaced with high-efficiency systems. The first floor complies with ADA accessibility standards and all interior space, including 36 sleeping rooms, were renovated.
2014 City of Evanston’s Award for Innovative Solution in Preservation