Situated in the heart of Logan Square, the Emmett Street Project will provide high quality affordable rental housing, ensuring that long-time residents continue to call the neighborhood home.
Developed by Bickerdike Redevelopment Corporation, this transit-oriented development spans from two to seven stories, the heights are staggered and the building is set back from Emmett Street so that the building fits in with the neighboring residential structures.
The building will include:
- 100 units of affordable housing in a mix of one-, two-, and three-bedroom apartments.
- Onsite laundry facilities.
- Community room.
- Onsite property management and maintenance office.
- Interior bike room and exterior bike racks.
- Approximately 4,500 sf of commercial space facing Kedzie Avenue.
The Emmett Street Project site is currently an underutilized City of Chicago owned parking lot that faces the southwest side of Emmett Street, west of Kedzie Avenue and northwest of the Logan Square CTA Blue Line station. The site is approximately 5.3 miles northwest of downtown and is an ideal location for affordable rental housing. It will not only provide homes to residents who are at risk of displacement as rents continue to rise in Logan Square, but the proximity to public transportation will provide greater access to employment opportunities and to all that Chicago has to offer.