The National Public Housing Museum will occupy the last building remaining from the historic Jane Addams Homes on a 0.8-acre site at the corner of Taylor and Ada Streets in Chicago’s University Village neighborhood. The original three and a half story with exterior masonry bearing walls and interior concrete columns beam and slabs, built in 1936 and vacant since 2002, will be renovated and expanded to house recreated exhibition apartments, galleries, public programming areas and offices for the museum and related programs. The museum will occupy the southern and western wings of the building while the northern wing of the building will remain unoccupied and set aside for future office space. The project scope includes the restoration of the existing masonry walls and concrete structure as well as the installation of a new roof, windows, MEP and Life Safety systems to meet the demands of the museum program. A new entry canopy, vestibule and lobby will be built facing Ada Street and new elevator and stair towers will be built in the courtyard to provide access and emergency egress from all levels. The west side of the first floor will be lowered to provide accessible at-grade entry, and a larger entry lobby and event space with access to a courtyard that will house seven restored historic animal sculptures by Edgar Miller that were the original focal point of the Jane Addams Homes. 38 surface parking spaces will be provided in a new lot on the north side of the building. The project will comply with current national and local energy codes as well as the City of Chicago DPD Sustainable Development Policy. Sustainable design features will include native landscapes, permeable pavement for storm water detention, water efficient plumbing fixtures and efficient lighting.